Sunday, January 9, 2011

Boxed Cake Countess

I make amazing cake. Ahhem... amazing boxed cakes. I recently took a few cake decorating classes at Michaels and really enjoy making cakes for people when I can. In the future I would really like to advertise and make cakes a true side business instead of just a hobby. I love to hear people tell me how delicious it tasted and how beautiful it was. However I always feel a little ashamed that the oh so tasty cake they loved was easily thrown together from a box. 


Yesterday My husband and I made a trip to the book store so I could find a cake cookbook. After flipping through a few books I came across a cookbook called 500 cupcakes. It made me think of the movie Julia and Julia. I pictured myself baking my way through 500 cupcakes and muffins and I was sold. 


So here I am starting my first blog ever and preparing myself to possibly gain about 10-20 lbs. I am very excited to bake my way through this book, it has all kinds of recipes from vanilla cupcakes to basil pesto cupcakes. I hope that anyone reading is at least mildly entertained and inspired to create your own delicious confections. 

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea! Can't wait to see some of your posts, especially the basil pesto cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete